Skip to main content

Leo

This post may contain spoilers. 


It has been a long time since the last I watched Netflix and during my break I watched an animated movie called “Leo”. I would highly recommend this movie as it offers a lot of life lessons and is a family friendly movie. I was a little worried when it started with a lot of singing as I do not fancy musicals (it is a musical by the way) but I should say the lyrics are creative and some even rhymes. Out of all the lyrics I liked the song “don’t cry” the most. I think this could be my motivational song for the remaining one year as a student. (I can only pass and must pass in one attempt!) I find being away from home is just so hard and every time I visit home for a break I just wish I could stay at home forever. 


If Leo (he is the main character in the movie) were to talk to me I probably think he would tell me to be less harsh to myself and to be patient. To be truthful the last 365 days have gone by so fast and although I did achieve a lot of the goals I have set for myself, somehow the part where it involves my EQ didn’t seem to progress much. So what happened in the last 365 days? 


  • 2 months of cardiac anaesthesia rotation 
  • 1 month of neuroanaesthesia rotation 
  • 1 month of pain rotation 
  • ASPIRE course at Ipoh
  • Neurocritical Care course in Kuching 
  • MSA in Kuching 
  • Advanced haemodynamic monitoring course 
  • Patient safety course online 
  • 99% of thesis done (hope my supervisor revert to me fast for any corrections, I totally dislike research and am just doing it for the sake of fulfilling the prerequisite)
  • Organised departmental level world anaesthesia day 
  • Participated in “green anaesthesia” video competition (but didn’t win and was quite an unsuccessful attempt, at least I know this is beyond my skills) 
  • 1/3 of cardiology updates course (this was hilarious, I snoop into the course using my friend’s tag cause she can’t make it but at least I know the latest 4 pillars of heart failure management and gained a lot of new knowledge) 
  • Countless CMEs with a good attendance rate despite always being 1-5 mins late 
  • Survived first month of on-calls as a registra (please let it be smooth for the next 4 months)
  • Did a few “wow” cases such as 4kg patient or 14 pints of blood transfusion sort of cases 


Okay so those stuff are more about my career and academics but what about my personal life? Do I have memorable timelines throughout the year? I surely do is just that it isn’t as long as the list above and I realised that stuff like going out with friends don’t hold the same weight as they did back in undergraduate. In fact I really do not enjoy such social events where I find it a burden to actually make conversations. Perhaps it is because the current place I work in, I don’t seem to find anyone who I feel I can trust or have deep conversations. The good thing is, it doesn’t bother me at all to not have found anyone. The sad thing is I did experience the kind of friendship I wanted momentarily but had to let it go. (Now tell me why am I still dwelling in the past? 8 months have lapse, it is just bad on my part for not being able to manage my heart better). This short break gave me some clarity on my strategy for the next 365days as it is the most crucial 365 days of my life which I can only succeed. 


First I am going to shut off completely from unnecessary relations so to reduce my energy spent on that area. Besides I should call my parents more often, check in with my brother and video call my spouse as they are the people who matters. Then I am going to dedicate only 1 hour of workout time per day (yes I need a limit as I have been exceeding my workout time due to the addictive effects of running especially if the weather is lovely). Doesn’t matter what sort of work out but I shall not let myself turn into a fat person like I did back in first year which left me with lots of stretch marks. Then I am going to have a schedule and stick with it (yes I’m going to be disciplined although being disciplined is not my style). It is only 365 days of sacrifice, no actually it is lesser than 365days as next year this moment I would have graduated. So yes, if I want to do it only ONCE I better give my all and start investing my time and energy in the right direction. If at any point I feel teary I will just need to remember Leo and the scene where the song “don’t cry” was sung.


I Miss Home.  

I hope 365 days later I can revisit this post and give myself a pat on the back and tell myself “you did it!”. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Her Dream, His Dream

Once upon-a-time... ...and they lived happily ever after The End I bet most of the fairy tales we hear during our childhood years sounded very similar if not exactly as the statement above. I have always wanted my life to be similar to those story where there's magic, love, eternal happiness and most important of all my very own prince! Please note that prince here refers to life-partner and it does not equal to the average "boyfriend". It's not like I'm going to be seen with a wedding ring and a veil over my head very soon but I do admit, I would really love to get married with my prince as fast as possible so that I can reach the part of the story where " they live happily ever after". However, I learn that in reality, nothing can be as flawless as in the tales which have been the basic foundation of my life. If life has no flaws, earth would have been known as heaven. Even so, life is still beautiful and I learn that for a marriage to ...

我的救星

 感觉阿财短短的生命给了我好多教训,其中一个就是要珍惜身边所爱的事务。我一直以为她能活得比我久但是我错了。年轻并不代表能长命。我开始放下手机,开始多出门做点户外活动。也开始意识我上网所珍惜的网友并没当我一回事,是我自己觉得他们很重要。感情的投资我相信都是求回报的,因为单方面的投入只会消耗自己。我那天在大佬面前那么卑微,我也觉得很丢脸很不因该。我那时的想法就是不管我多卑微,我只想和他交朋友。可是后来他没有如朋友那样对待我, 他只想着自己的感受根本没考虑过我的感受。 阿财是我今世最乖巧的宠物,从来不给我添麻烦。可是我们不小心伤了她 - 那时她跑到我车底,爸爸努力把她拉出来,伤了她的脖, 我真的好难过。她病了两个星期才过世,这两个星期我们到底为了她做些什么呢?如果我早点给她取暖,早点给她抗生素,她还会活着吗?阿财死的样子就好像在沉睡,我摸摸她的头和鼻子,好想她给我一点反应。我还以为她在“冬眠” 试着摸摸她可爱的短腿,心里求着神明让她活着,可是也没反应。我还想着如果耶稣死了能复活,能不能让阿财也像耶稣一样复活呢?我真的不喜欢有关宗教的故事,都是骗人的。 我把支付宝里的小鸡取名为“阿财”,让阿财永远都在我记忆里。我也想,每天记得她但是我同时也放下让她去投胎。我发现我们一张合照都没有,但是没关系我还有她吃东西时的视频,她的眼睛充满灵性的看着我。想着她活着的那些时光都是美好的。因为她,我会更努力的珍惜一切,最需要珍惜的还是自己。 明年这个时候能不能亲自去体验桂花香? 

1111

 今天是1111,我喜欢的数字!最近和三又不好了,为了一场游戏他骂我说我笨说我蠢、没长进、怎么教都不会让他累坏了。我觉得他是在乱发脾气,而我是绝对不认同他所说的。看在他厉害的份上,我多多少少能体谅他为什么那么气,同时我也觉得他伤了我所以我选择必须保护自己。我说不会为这一类的事而哭泣但是我还是哭了。心里难受因为我每次都想把一段关系维护可是对方不稀罕这份友谊,我越尝试补救越让自己显得好卑微。我也累了,他爱咋地就咋地。  好啦,难得是个好日子,不提往事得往前看!我发觉玩游戏的人越来越少,和我玩的更少,昨天打了两局单排其实是不错的。自己慢慢摸索慢慢学习,不需要在乎别人眼光或自己的赢率。游戏不就是为了开心才玩的吗?那么如果我因为游戏难过,何必还要继续玩下去呢?他和我说过谁能玩一辈子,我觉得我必须慢慢让自己回归真实生活,不能继续沉迷。就像上个周末我又去爬山,开始早点睡觉,读多一点书 (我买了微信读书一个月会员,我想买一年的会员)。 我发现我不需要一个人来安慰,好多书本其实能修护我的心灵。老公说以我的八字,我今生到这个世界是来修好我的心灵。心灵要怎么去修呢?我还在寻找答案,而且如果真的成功了,我也不会像现在还为芝麻绿豆的事哭泣。世界那么多人,需要我的人我都没让出时间陪他们,还去贴不需要我不珍惜我的人 - 我真的很好笑! 下次同情、欣赏、崇拜或是对任何一个玩家有好感都必须提醒自己那只是虚拟世界。老实说,我没有喜欢他的人,我只是很喜欢和厉害的人组队。我觉得我损失了一个厉害的玩家,可是事实是我只不过脱离了一个充满负能量的人。 所以没什么好难过的!  才9点早上,我今天一定要好好过,保持一个平稳的情绪,一切安好。