Skip to main content

Memorable July

I remembered last year I said something about letting July be July and did not blog for the whole month (I might be wrong due to recall bias) and I also listened to a song with “July” in it. It all feels like it was just yesterday but it was a year ago. This July seems to be a wonderful one.


1/7 - The beginning of our home! Thank you to our families for their support and I believe the new environment will bring more luck to the both of us! 


2/7 - given a free study day without having to take my own leaves. I think having a free day means a great deal as my mind is free and I get to focus just on study and not think about work. I still cannot work and study simultaneously like most of my colleagues. 


3/7 - Business finds me. It is always lovely when my time spent doing the things I love is reciprocated with money. Besides I am giving lots of value and it feels good when that energy bounce back in the form of money. I think it is the best way to feel appreciated. Oh I pocketed more than 2 nights of weekend calls worth of money from someone who used to be mean to me. I am still feeling rather gleeful about it because if he was a proper person in the first place, I wouldn’t even take a single cent from him. It’s amazing to witness how some people are left with no choice but to seek help from the person they were mean to before and put themselves in such a vulnerable spot. Moral of the story is never be mean to others as you never know when you will require help from the other party. Thank you universe for turning the tables and although I never thought about “revenge”, it felt really good to make him pay. 


4/7- Impromptu travel to experience our home. Never expect to hitch a ride on a very comfy Velfire. The owner is really into cars and maintenance of cars, I thought it was a brand new car but it was not yet it was the most comfortable ride I ever had to Cameron Highlands. Thankful that 宝贝 don’t have to travel far to pick me up and very grateful for my college’s kindness.


5/7 - waking up making purchases on Shopee for our home, didn’t know picking patterns for the kitchen floor mats can be a fun activity. 宝贝 picked a pattern with stones arranged in the shape of footprints as he think it reminds him of nature. I personally would have selected the pink and gold marbled appearance but I think since he will be staying all the time there, I decided to let him pick. It is also through this activity I get to know more of his tastes. I also bought mint and grey coloured beddings for the single bed for the guest room and wonder how will it look as I decided to buy different colours. Mint green sheets with grey pillow and quilt. Ate  my favourite 麻辣锅, mixed platter of chicken chop, lamb chop and fish fillet, drank peach tea. 


6/7 - housewife for a day! Made 2 basque burn cheesecake, oven baked lamb chops and plant collagen drink using peach gum (桃胶), gum karaya (雪燕) and snow lotus seed (皂角米). Sweep and mop the house. Removed all the new sheets that needed washing and airing out the room with the new cupboard. The New cupboard smells of chemicals, likely formaldehyde used for the wood treatment and I think 宝贝 must be so tired he never notice the smell and was still able to sleep while I can’t. Felt so proud of myself as all the things I made was a success. Actually I don’t think it is possible to fail if anyone uses an oven to cook. I had a little “princess tantrum” when I asked him if he was okay and he was a little snappy, just a little but still I don’t like snappy so I sulked a little which subsided real quickly. I wonder why he doesn’t like me asking “are you okay?” and told me that he is always okay. Actually I just asked as I thought he looked like he was deep in thoughts. Anyway I was annoyed with the snappy aura and told him “fine, I don’t like the tone, I don’t want to bother you anymore and after this I’m going to play games on my phone.” However he apologise and my temper subside as he wiped off some garlic butter sauce from the corners of my mouth. Our dinner by me was really yummy and we held hands and close our eyes and visualise a life where we could do more of the things that make us happy and that we could enjoy life together. After that we spent time cuddling on the sofa that we have dreamed about years ago. We didn’t realise we are living our goals until I told him that if he listen to me and bought the other cheaper sofa we will not be able to lie down comfortably and cuddle each other. Then it dawn upon me that we have always wanted a sofa where it is comfortable for two person to lie down. I’m glad he did not listen to me and get the cheaper sofa as I forgot to consider about the functionality and did not put much thought to it when he asked me for an opinion. Somehow my heart feels sweet when I recalled the conversation. 


宝贝,就买那个便宜的,我们不是超越了我们的 budget 吗?” 

可是这个可以把脚伸直,也比较宽,你过来时我可以和你躺在沙发上抱抱。

额,可是我就是不要你整天放工就在沙发上躺着然后在沙发上睡着。

我不会的, 我们就买这个舒服的沙发吧。

嗯, 就随你吧,“ 


Dreams do come true and when they do it feels rather surreal. 


7/7 - We started using the front loading washing machine we bought. It was quite an experience as we have never own a front load washer all our lives and it was fun fixing the pipe and watching intently as water fills in and our clothes get washed. Took the cake I baked to share with all his workers and they said it was nice and the only problem was it was too small. Oh well the next time I will make more. They packed for me lots of fresh vegetables again and 10kg of yacon to distribute to my friends. Really felt touched as all the handpicked items were inspected for any snails/ slugs or worms as I told them I am really afraid of those. 


I started to see a lot of 1111 again. Thank you universe for always making me feel reassured. Even if it is not so smart to associate 1111 with important life events, I still prefer to believe in divine guidance. 


I feel much better now that it starts to rain and it’s time for me to go into a deep sleep and wake up fresh and ready to seize all opportunities that arise within my reach! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore

Continuation from yesterday’s post.  I finally ate the ice cream which is sandwiched between two wafers that I saw before and it was yummy because there’s like a huge block of ice cream and the wafer was thin. I chose peppermint chocolate and raspberry swirl. It was really fun to eat that on the helical bridge that totally looks like a DNA strand. I really love this region and it was also the same place where the fun run was held. So I got to go across the helical bridge twice. I am also very happy to finally seen the Merlion and since it was early in the morning during the fun run, the place was rather quiet and there were not many crowds. I wanted to properly run the fun run but I end up walking most of the time just enjoying the scene and talking to people since it was supposed to be a networking event. Delegates from 142 countries were there but I only manage to make friends from Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, Indonesia, Germany and New Zealand. It was quite hard to make more

Her Dream, His Dream

Once upon-a-time... ...and they lived happily ever after The End I bet most of the fairy tales we hear during our childhood years sounded very similar if not exactly as the statement above. I have always wanted my life to be similar to those story where there's magic, love, eternal happiness and most important of all my very own prince! Please note that prince here refers to life-partner and it does not equal to the average "boyfriend". It's not like I'm going to be seen with a wedding ring and a veil over my head very soon but I do admit, I would really love to get married with my prince as fast as possible so that I can reach the part of the story where " they live happily ever after". However, I learn that in reality, nothing can be as flawless as in the tales which have been the basic foundation of my life. If life has no flaws, earth would have been known as heaven. Even so, life is still beautiful and I learn that for a marriage to

今天我想离婚

结婚一年多了,一直都觉得对方是爱我的,不会让我吃苦。 我错了。  那么多年一直相信他若是还没立业是不可能和我求婚, 因为恋爱的过程中他说过等到有十万的储蓄才会想结婚。我想我一定不会活得很幸苦因为他一定能让我们在经济上很稳定。我的好朋友很年轻时就写了有关爱情和面包的事, 他描述了没有面包根本就做不了很多浪漫的事。我也认同,因为只要有钱我们才能有很多选择权。 可是我是个笨女人,我从来没有花我男人的钱,也从来不问我的男人到底有多少钱。我觉得我们都是青梅竹马,感情是真实的。我还是个少女时,都很渴望能像别的女孩在情人节收到鲜花或礼物,可是我都没机会体会那些因为我爱的人不相信情人节这种东西。  今晚心里终是有很多的遗憾。早上丈夫发了一个视频给我看,标题是 “人妻好吃不黏牙” 就是一位叫“空姐姐”录的视频。 我看了我就和他说我明白别的男人对我好很有可能有别的目的。 我一个同事,我叫他“痒痒男” (因为他很色)也和我说过男人和女人是不能做朋友因为到最后男人只想把女人给睡了。我觉得这个想法很恶心,真的不能和异性做朋友吗?我有和丈夫提出我需要更多的关照,希望他能主动联络我,能给我个出乎预料的来电或简讯。 可是聊下去我们就意见不合。他说他很忙最好是设定一个我们两个人都有空的时候来联络,我听了很生气感觉自己小小的要求他也不能为我实现。结婚了一段时间,我想如果他在我的感情需求不能满足我,那么我留在他身边当布置品吗?他说他要的是我的支持而不是抱怨, 很多事不是他不要做而是暂时做不到, 他这个解释我接受不了。  当初不是不要我吃苦的吗?钱财上我还是自己独立养自己, 那我要求他给我一点他的时间和关心他还要谈条件,他心里到底有没有我?到最后我说没关系,我觉得空虚,觉得寂寞时自己会上网玩游戏和游戏里的人聊天。他也说了一句 “Ok" 然后我也不再多说了. 我还以为晚上我们下班后他会打个电话认错或陪我,可是他没有。我真的很后悔和一个固执的男人结婚。其实到最后每个我认识的男人都是一样的, 说的话和行动并不一致。“空姐姐”说得对,女人认真就输了。 我真的很累。我知道不能随意说离婚,我也没提过,可是今天我真的很想离婚。 这次我真的不要让步了,他欺骗了我没给我一个好生活,结婚真的只是一张纸 - 这也是他自己说过的一句话。我不想伤我们双方的家人,也许现在我还是带着情绪写这一切,今晚我们彼此没联络也许是件好