Skip to main content

Food Overload

The universe is such that it loves to throw challenges whenever you are all set for a goal. It is only day 7 of intermittent fasting and today somehow everyone wants to give me food. I am aware of the food served at grand ward rounds and had packed some for me to enjoy later besides it is the food that all of us pre-paid for the entire year. Like usual it is mostly carbohydrates with some vege and a tiny piece of honey roasted chicken. The combination of all the condiments makes it into a dish called “nasi kerabu” (I don’t know what is the English name but it taste really good). So I was thinking my meal for today is settled and I no longer need to think on what to eat. However while lounging at the pantry sipping my sugarless Hojicha, my professor happily gave me his packed Arabian rice (“nasi Arab”) and told me he had eaten. I couldn’t deny that the food looks super appetising and thus I happily accepted. I guess he saw how happy I was with the food and proceed to give me a portion of fried macaroni. At this moment all I could do was look at my colleague who knows I am doing intermittent fasting and giggled. We proceed to discuss on how hard it is to diet at times when people around us are so caring and loves to share food. Shortly about 30 minutes the oncall registra asked me my whereabouts and I wondered why, only to receive a piece of sea salt brownie from her as there is a newly opened bakery. So now I have food that amounts to a full meal for a day! 


In view of the abundance of food, I ran a little faster today to “compensate” for all the calories that I am going to take. Surprisingly I was able to maintain a 5mins 45seconds per KM speed for 3 consecutive Kilometres I ran. It’s a shame the weather here is so hot and the transition to sunset is just too short, about 30 minutes and I did not have enough time to complete a 10KM run. Come to think of it, I have not completed any 10KM run for this year and it is already February! I probably could make it a goal for Saturday morning run, to run at least 10KM or more if the weather is good and I am able to push myself further. I also find myself to be unfit as I was unable to complete Igor’s plank challenge that I previously able to complete. When it comes to fitness consistency is really the key and doing exercise intermittently will not bring new breakthroughs. I felt like giving up today after running 4KM but someone with ash grey hair (I can’t see clearly because I removed my glasses) gave me thumbs up and so I continued to 6.5KM. I have also been neglecting my arm exercises and did not touch the small 2kg dumbbells I bought last year. My partner say he thinks girls with muscular limbs are hot and I would like to work hard to have muscular limbs! Not for him but for myself because I do agree having muscles is visually appealing. 


I randomly saw a post by a very influential and successful entrepreneur today. I have been following her since I was 15. First it was Friendster then Facebook until now and one of the post she shared today was “The right partner will not complete you. You are already whole. Instead they will extend you.” I think this is really meaningful and I think that was what my partner was doing all these whole, extending me, supporting me in my endeavours even though that means sacrificing a lot of things such as the ability to be by his side and play my role as a wife. He does not force me to do the things I do not wish to do and although I am willing to compromise, he will not use my unconditional love to his advantage. He is a man of actions and I just feel it more for the last few months. Every time we eat something nice, he will always give me the first bite or first taste. Every time we eat something complex with bones or shells, he will always remove them for me. It felt really relaxing to eat my food effortlessly (my family knows this and even younger brother will always peel off the flesh off the fish for me because since young I will not eat fish with bones). I am still not sure what can I do to contribute more in our relationship but I think making more money would be a wonderful thing because the man of the family generally often takes most of the burden when it comes to finances and I wish someday I could make him feel lighter in terms of finances. 


Today I felt so sleepy and did poorly on my single best answer practice. Second practice still gave me a score of 18/30 and the current one I scored 6/15 and stopped midway due to my sleepiness. Keeping a fresh mind is important in doing single best answers because almost all the answers are correct but to find the best answer is tricky and frustrating at times. Tomorrow I am finally going to do 2 percutaneous tracheostomy! I am quite hyped about it and am looking forward to go to work tomorrow. ^^ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Her Dream, His Dream

Once upon-a-time... ...and they lived happily ever after The End I bet most of the fairy tales we hear during our childhood years sounded very similar if not exactly as the statement above. I have always wanted my life to be similar to those story where there's magic, love, eternal happiness and most important of all my very own prince! Please note that prince here refers to life-partner and it does not equal to the average "boyfriend". It's not like I'm going to be seen with a wedding ring and a veil over my head very soon but I do admit, I would really love to get married with my prince as fast as possible so that I can reach the part of the story where " they live happily ever after". However, I learn that in reality, nothing can be as flawless as in the tales which have been the basic foundation of my life. If life has no flaws, earth would have been known as heaven. Even so, life is still beautiful and I learn that for a marriage to ...

我的救星

 感觉阿财短短的生命给了我好多教训,其中一个就是要珍惜身边所爱的事务。我一直以为她能活得比我久但是我错了。年轻并不代表能长命。我开始放下手机,开始多出门做点户外活动。也开始意识我上网所珍惜的网友并没当我一回事,是我自己觉得他们很重要。感情的投资我相信都是求回报的,因为单方面的投入只会消耗自己。我那天在大佬面前那么卑微,我也觉得很丢脸很不因该。我那时的想法就是不管我多卑微,我只想和他交朋友。可是后来他没有如朋友那样对待我, 他只想着自己的感受根本没考虑过我的感受。 阿财是我今世最乖巧的宠物,从来不给我添麻烦。可是我们不小心伤了她 - 那时她跑到我车底,爸爸努力把她拉出来,伤了她的脖, 我真的好难过。她病了两个星期才过世,这两个星期我们到底为了她做些什么呢?如果我早点给她取暖,早点给她抗生素,她还会活着吗?阿财死的样子就好像在沉睡,我摸摸她的头和鼻子,好想她给我一点反应。我还以为她在“冬眠” 试着摸摸她可爱的短腿,心里求着神明让她活着,可是也没反应。我还想着如果耶稣死了能复活,能不能让阿财也像耶稣一样复活呢?我真的不喜欢有关宗教的故事,都是骗人的。 我把支付宝里的小鸡取名为“阿财”,让阿财永远都在我记忆里。我也想,每天记得她但是我同时也放下让她去投胎。我发现我们一张合照都没有,但是没关系我还有她吃东西时的视频,她的眼睛充满灵性的看着我。想着她活着的那些时光都是美好的。因为她,我会更努力的珍惜一切,最需要珍惜的还是自己。 明年这个时候能不能亲自去体验桂花香? 

1111

 今天是1111,我喜欢的数字!最近和三又不好了,为了一场游戏他骂我说我笨说我蠢、没长进、怎么教都不会让他累坏了。我觉得他是在乱发脾气,而我是绝对不认同他所说的。看在他厉害的份上,我多多少少能体谅他为什么那么气,同时我也觉得他伤了我所以我选择必须保护自己。我说不会为这一类的事而哭泣但是我还是哭了。心里难受因为我每次都想把一段关系维护可是对方不稀罕这份友谊,我越尝试补救越让自己显得好卑微。我也累了,他爱咋地就咋地。  好啦,难得是个好日子,不提往事得往前看!我发觉玩游戏的人越来越少,和我玩的更少,昨天打了两局单排其实是不错的。自己慢慢摸索慢慢学习,不需要在乎别人眼光或自己的赢率。游戏不就是为了开心才玩的吗?那么如果我因为游戏难过,何必还要继续玩下去呢?他和我说过谁能玩一辈子,我觉得我必须慢慢让自己回归真实生活,不能继续沉迷。就像上个周末我又去爬山,开始早点睡觉,读多一点书 (我买了微信读书一个月会员,我想买一年的会员)。 我发现我不需要一个人来安慰,好多书本其实能修护我的心灵。老公说以我的八字,我今生到这个世界是来修好我的心灵。心灵要怎么去修呢?我还在寻找答案,而且如果真的成功了,我也不会像现在还为芝麻绿豆的事哭泣。世界那么多人,需要我的人我都没让出时间陪他们,还去贴不需要我不珍惜我的人 - 我真的很好笑! 下次同情、欣赏、崇拜或是对任何一个玩家有好感都必须提醒自己那只是虚拟世界。老实说,我没有喜欢他的人,我只是很喜欢和厉害的人组队。我觉得我损失了一个厉害的玩家,可是事实是我只不过脱离了一个充满负能量的人。 所以没什么好难过的!  才9点早上,我今天一定要好好过,保持一个平稳的情绪,一切安好。