Skip to main content

Prank Gone Right

 It was a great success! I had a good laugh myself as I had to wait at the bus station for an hour before my dad could pick me as he was servicing his car. I tried my very best to convince my parents to pick the parcel up soon and despite me telling them to standby around 1000-1030 they didn’t. The weather was hot and I continued lying to my mom saying I had a busy call and need to rest now and the parcel is a pink box. She asked me if it is edible things, I told her it is not but it needs to be kept cool and it is quite expensive so better to collect it soon. I was so bored and video called my brother and he laughed at me for having to go through a hiccup between my plans as he had always been skeptical about it. I assured him that no matter how busy a person is, there will be a break and my dad will eventually come and pick the parcel and I will just need to wait. 


While waiting, I ordered myself a nice bowl of Soto Ayam which cost only MYR7 (I am surprised as I had no idea that there is still such reasonably priced food, usually it is MYR9 and above for a standard bowl of noodle soup). I also know the best way to kill time is to play GBM and my neck was tired from contantly looking up from my screen and back to my screen as I did not want to miss my dad. However my dad came from the other side and by the time I noticed his car, he wasn’t in it and I panicked as I did not want him to go looking for the parcel. Too late, he was already askong the person in charge and was getting a bit flustered that there is no pink box and he doesn’t have a serial number. I quickly ran to him and called him but he must have been distracted and is not expecting anyone to call him “papa” so he did not respond and I reach out and tap his back. The only regret I had was not being able to record his face because as he turned around his eyes was wide and he was stunned for a moment as I apologize to the person and said “okay the pink box is here” referring to my luggage and then my dad finally responded with “hey, since when you are back?”. 

We hop into the car and I braced myself for a lecture which did not happen and when he found out it was only for a short while he responded with the typical savvy Asian dad style “so short only? Aiya why you come back, waste time and money”. Yeah right, I know he is so thrilled that I am back and he actually reprimanded me for not telling him as it could have prevented me from waiting very long at the bus stop. I explained I wanted to give my mom a surprise and he said I could have at least tell him and he can keep the surprise from my mom. I told him I also wanted to surprise him and he just shooked his head. He kept saying he cannot believe I am home and proceed to call my brother and threatened to scold my brother for not telling him the “serial number” in a joking manner. It was my turn to laugh when he called my brother on loud speaker and asked about the serial number and my brother was unable to say anything and was stalling in a very hilarious manner. I gave my famous giggle and he was relieved that I am already with dad. The day before when he picked me from the airport he told me he accidentally told my dad that he is going to the airport to fetch me just to see my reaction. I told him if he ever ruin my prank I will unfriend him (it is just a childish way since childhood whenever we have a beef with our friends we will say “不要kawan你” and Kawan means friend in Bahasa Malaysia so it means “don’t wanna friend you”). However my brother gave me and dad a good idea on how to surprise my mom further - the plan is for me to hide in the car and let her open the car door to find me. Prior to that dad made a phone call to her to complain that he couldn’t find the parcel as there is no serial number, mom was busy with spring cleaning and she actually was quite snappy. Dad can be very playfuland sometimes when mom is busy it pisses her a lot. He was saying the parcel is so big that it requires a crane to pick it up and in the end mom was like “so in the end did you take it or not?”. Her annoyance was palpable and I kept signalling to my dad not to piss her further. 

Once we reached home I went into a reclined position and took my phone out to start recording. As dad asked her to go and take the parcel herself, I could hear her laughing and saying “why it is a very small parcel is it?”. As she open the car door I sat up like a pop-up toy from a box and said “hello mama!” giving mom a shock as she jumped back and screamed. I recorded that moment and as I hugged her, somehow I felt overwhelm myself and tears drop down but it was tears of joy. Dad immediately took a chilled oat drink for me to enjoy and they kept saying please don’t ever do this in the future! I felt blissful and all they cared was my welbeing and asked me what would I like to have for lunch and dinner and told me to have a nice shower and have a good massage on the massage chair and take a nap. They always made me feel so loved and I think no one will ever be able to beat the unconditional Love they gave me. I was still full from the brunch I ate and decided not to eat anymore. After an uninterrupted deep sleep, I asked my mom to call my mother in law out for tea. I also wanted to head out to wear the traditional dress I bought last year as it is fitting for the harvest festival theme. I felt a little concious that the dress have tiny dangling decoratives that made the sound of bells when I walked. I felt like a walking wind chime but I think I shouldn’t care to much since the actual traditional clothing had many tiny bells on it too and mine is a modernised low-key version. 

Mother in law was very happy to see me and somehow I can see it in her eyes that she must be missing her children too. She was laughing till her tears came out and she kept telling my parents it is a beautiful memory and not to reprimand me for pulling such prank. We had the best tofufah in town along with some sweet potato fries and mother in law gave me lots of dragon fruits from her farm. I was a little sad to know that my parents had a wedding dinner to go to the next day which is today at another town and right now as I’m typing this I am alone at home. They did asked me if I would like to tag along and they could just inform the relatives that I am coming along but I think since the wedding is in a hotel and the guest list is finalised earlier, I do not want to create additional trouble for my relatives. I also do not think I am in the mood to attend social events and prefer enjoying the fruits of my blood, sweat and tears by staying home. Mother in law knows I am alone and had asked her reliable helper to make rice wine chicken soup for me along with some avocados. I felt bad I couldn’t accompany her to sell fruits tomorrow and she will be travelling down to Kota Kinabalu at 12am. Despite being on a holiday, I had online classes and I attended the one today about valvular heart lesions and anaesthetic considerations. Was hoping to have tomorrow free but it seems there is a 4 hours online class planned tomorrow. Well, learning and enjoying can always go hand in hand and I felt it would be so awesome if I could just stay home in my hometown and study till the day of my exams. Home definitely have better energy and inspiration compared to my rented room. Ugh, my neighbour in Kelantan told me my room door is wide open for past 2 days, I’m not sure how the tie become loose as I can no longer lock my door and every time I am away I will tie the door knob to the grill. I am unconcerned right now but I know it will be a headache for me to clean my room if any cats go in again. I will be arriving at night and I don’t think I will have the energy to clean my room, I think I will ask my neighbour if I could just camp at her room for the night. 

Parents just video called me from the wedding dinner and I know they are very pleased with the surprise as they mentioned it to relatives - so typical of parents flexing about their children caring for them. However I do feel annoyed every time they want me to have a child of my own and the way they say it makes me feel emotionally blackmailed. My dad said before he departs Earth he would like to see his grandchild and he hope I can have at least one child. I wish sometimes they can stop imposing their wants and wishes that are very unreasonable on me. Besides it is a very selfish thing to want grandchildren knowing that the person who is going to be responsible for the child will be me and my partner and not them and we clearly do not want that sort of responsibility. First and foremost I don’t exist to breed (okay I know that’s a crude way to put it) and I strongly believe this world is overpopulated and I hate living in densely populated place. Things were nice 25 years ago when there was no traffic jam at my hometown and less housings and it felt like opportunities were abundant. I also do not wish to see myself dedicating the next half of my life to raise a decent person with good education and skills - it is just so taxing on every aspect! Many would be shocked with my thinking and may even see me as an evil person who is so selfish just because I don’t like and don’t want children but who cares it is my life to live. 

I really hope class finishes earlier tomorrow and I really need to go give my faithful Rainbow his shower with warm water and lots of bubbly shampoo. Rainbow is my driving force for a lot of things in life and next to my parents I think Rainbow loves me most or maybe even more because he doesn’t demand anything from me. I do wonder if Rainbow could talk, what would he say to me. My well planned surprise was successful but my trip is still not a success if I did not properly groom Rainbow. I only have less than 72 hours left at my hometown and I got to ensure that tomorrow Rainbow gets his spa treatment from me otherwise I will feel extremely guilty and will not go back to Kelantan with a contented heart. I pray Rainbow can live longer and that this is not the last I see him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore

Continuation from yesterday’s post.  I finally ate the ice cream which is sandwiched between two wafers that I saw before and it was yummy because there’s like a huge block of ice cream and the wafer was thin. I chose peppermint chocolate and raspberry swirl. It was really fun to eat that on the helical bridge that totally looks like a DNA strand. I really love this region and it was also the same place where the fun run was held. So I got to go across the helical bridge twice. I am also very happy to finally seen the Merlion and since it was early in the morning during the fun run, the place was rather quiet and there were not many crowds. I wanted to properly run the fun run but I end up walking most of the time just enjoying the scene and talking to people since it was supposed to be a networking event. Delegates from 142 countries were there but I only manage to make friends from Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, Indonesia, Germany and New Zealand. It was quite hard to make more

Her Dream, His Dream

Once upon-a-time... ...and they lived happily ever after The End I bet most of the fairy tales we hear during our childhood years sounded very similar if not exactly as the statement above. I have always wanted my life to be similar to those story where there's magic, love, eternal happiness and most important of all my very own prince! Please note that prince here refers to life-partner and it does not equal to the average "boyfriend". It's not like I'm going to be seen with a wedding ring and a veil over my head very soon but I do admit, I would really love to get married with my prince as fast as possible so that I can reach the part of the story where " they live happily ever after". However, I learn that in reality, nothing can be as flawless as in the tales which have been the basic foundation of my life. If life has no flaws, earth would have been known as heaven. Even so, life is still beautiful and I learn that for a marriage to

今天我想离婚

结婚一年多了,一直都觉得对方是爱我的,不会让我吃苦。 我错了。  那么多年一直相信他若是还没立业是不可能和我求婚, 因为恋爱的过程中他说过等到有十万的储蓄才会想结婚。我想我一定不会活得很幸苦因为他一定能让我们在经济上很稳定。我的好朋友很年轻时就写了有关爱情和面包的事, 他描述了没有面包根本就做不了很多浪漫的事。我也认同,因为只要有钱我们才能有很多选择权。 可是我是个笨女人,我从来没有花我男人的钱,也从来不问我的男人到底有多少钱。我觉得我们都是青梅竹马,感情是真实的。我还是个少女时,都很渴望能像别的女孩在情人节收到鲜花或礼物,可是我都没机会体会那些因为我爱的人不相信情人节这种东西。  今晚心里终是有很多的遗憾。早上丈夫发了一个视频给我看,标题是 “人妻好吃不黏牙” 就是一位叫“空姐姐”录的视频。 我看了我就和他说我明白别的男人对我好很有可能有别的目的。 我一个同事,我叫他“痒痒男” (因为他很色)也和我说过男人和女人是不能做朋友因为到最后男人只想把女人给睡了。我觉得这个想法很恶心,真的不能和异性做朋友吗?我有和丈夫提出我需要更多的关照,希望他能主动联络我,能给我个出乎预料的来电或简讯。 可是聊下去我们就意见不合。他说他很忙最好是设定一个我们两个人都有空的时候来联络,我听了很生气感觉自己小小的要求他也不能为我实现。结婚了一段时间,我想如果他在我的感情需求不能满足我,那么我留在他身边当布置品吗?他说他要的是我的支持而不是抱怨, 很多事不是他不要做而是暂时做不到, 他这个解释我接受不了。  当初不是不要我吃苦的吗?钱财上我还是自己独立养自己, 那我要求他给我一点他的时间和关心他还要谈条件,他心里到底有没有我?到最后我说没关系,我觉得空虚,觉得寂寞时自己会上网玩游戏和游戏里的人聊天。他也说了一句 “Ok" 然后我也不再多说了. 我还以为晚上我们下班后他会打个电话认错或陪我,可是他没有。我真的很后悔和一个固执的男人结婚。其实到最后每个我认识的男人都是一样的, 说的话和行动并不一致。“空姐姐”说得对,女人认真就输了。 我真的很累。我知道不能随意说离婚,我也没提过,可是今天我真的很想离婚。 这次我真的不要让步了,他欺骗了我没给我一个好生活,结婚真的只是一张纸 - 这也是他自己说过的一句话。我不想伤我们双方的家人,也许现在我还是带着情绪写这一切,今晚我们彼此没联络也许是件好