Skip to main content

Mike

I could never get tired of spending time with pets particularly dogs because they just seems to tune into your frequency and show you that they care deeply. You can be having a good day or a bad day and they know exactly just what you need. I recalled the times I am happy they get bouncy and excited and the times I was sad they just sat around me and lick my face. Therefore It breaks my heart whenever I hear news of innocent dogs being mistreated by humans and I just cannot finish watching or reading such cruel news because it upsets me greatly. After the completion of a 5 days free webinar on "Ba Zi" (an ancient knowledge comprising of various calculation to determine our character, luck, destiny etc), I found that I need to learn to address my ability to control my own emotions and I tried my very best to check and neutralize my feelings on and off throughout the day. I know it is just a few days of practice but to me it is an achievement. I did not bend with pressure at work, I wake up telling myself I have unlimited energy even if I felt tired, I continued my exercise routine even though I felt lazy and I caught myself withholding my words although I have lots to say and I push away any negative thoughts that come my way.


I faced some minor challenges like a junior ranting to me about work and although I would like to be a supportive senior offering a shoulder to cry on, I just don't have the capacity. I am aware what I told her may invalidate her feelings but I think she is wasting too much time running in circles about how horrible her last on call partner was. I just listened for 3minutes or so and told her "some of our colleagues sucks but we just need to change our mindset as we can't change them. Take it as a chance for us to do more and learn more through the process of doing more. Right now you should not let this affect you and go prepare for your upcoming exam. Spend your energy on your exam preparation." She was quite adamant to finish her ranting though as she followed me all the way to the corridor to continue her rant but in the end thank me for listening which made me slightly guilty cause I wasn't listening. I just know the title for the rant but the contents of it are a blur as I was thinking how to extract myself from the situation. I actually decide to physically leave by taking my bag and umbrella to head home thinking that she gets the cue but to my dismay she walked out of the room with me. Now I understand why master Loh feels drained whenever he goes out to do charity especially visiting the underprivileged as the whole aura does affect your own vibration when you have to listen to people's problems. 


Today as I woke up, my first challenge was to face the horrible news that my partner broke to me in the most blunt manner. The first picture on the text message was the body of a white dog with big blotches of purplish red and black bruises over all its legs and its body appeared lifeless. Followed by a voice message that says "Mike didn't make it thorough the night". I felt like time froze for a moment as I was processing how am I to handle this as I felt a surge of sadness and tears start to form and threatening to fall from the rims of my eyes. I know I need to accept and take this matter in a more composed, rational and logical way just like my partner but I just felt it was so hard. Then I have this internal conversation with myself where I allow myself to feel sad but told myself to refrain from crying. I momentarily did question why must it be "Mike", why? 


You see, Despite my love for dogs, I have never rescued any strays or adopt strays and have always kept pedigree dogs as pets. I was very unfamiliar with mongrels and often thought they are not very bright and difficult to train until I interact with the 16 strays my partner saved. Compared to the spoilt Golden Retriever at home, the strays were so obedient under my partner's care and could even wait patiently for the "eat" command before starting their meals. They did not like me at first maybe because they think I am a competitor for my partner's attention but eventually some of them warmed up to me and I get to know each of their character more. Out of the 16 dogs, I Love Mike the most as he wants me to pet him all the time and has a calm and composed nature. I was responsible for naming the first batch of strays and I gave them all Pokémon names such as Meowth, Sylveon, Onyx. I think my partner selects better names and one of the names that was rather special was Benta which was suppose to mean "blessed". Benta was indeed blessed as she would have died if she wasn't rescued and now she is a playful adult dog. 


So yes, why must it be Mike, why take away the dog I loved the most? However it doesn't mean I want another dog to replace his place, I just felt like I am being tested again whenever I form attachments. Do I want to let go? Yes I want to as I want Mike's soul to be in peace. I wonder how does my partner handles his emotions, as soon as he know I am awake, he showed me Mike's body and told me that I can speak to him for the last time - I did and I broke my willpower to not cry. Mike even in his death looked very peaceful and calm, with lots of pain he have dragged himself to go further into the farm as we suspect he does not want us to see him dying. The cause for his death was because Meowth and Milo had a fight with him last night and if he was a normal dog he probably wouldn't die but he was special. I think Mike has some sort of risk for atopy or bronchial asthma as I often catch him wheezing or have a sort of stridor. I am not sure if the bites exacerbated his respiratory symptoms overnight and he departed. I just hope it was quick and painless as to think that he had suffered is unbearable. I was also getting a little angry when my partner says things that begin with "if". I told him let's not talk about "if's" because if the partition between their cages were intact this might not have happened. My partner accepted what I say although I know by saying so it is like I am blaming him for the dysfunctional partition.


From this experience, I learn that there will still be more challenges along the way and my method of dealing with loss is different from my partner. At one point I was wondering why must he aggravate my sadness by showing me Mike's body on the video call but I realize he just wanted to give me a chance for a last good bye. I felt frustrated I cannot be there physically to pet him for one last time thus it was a mixture of emotions and I also experienced feeling a pang of anger and dislike towards Meowth and Milo. My partner rationalize that they are animals and lack the conscious level we have so they probably did not know what they were doing. Milo especially was horrible as from the story I heard, he was not involved in the fight, it was only between Meowth and Mike, but upon seeing Mike was injured, Milo decides to bite Mike. I really cannot find any room to forgive Meowth and Milo and I had the thought of taking them to a far away place and abandon them and make them go back to becoming strays (Yes, this is my horrible, irrational and emotional self). They definitely won't survive long if they are out there as they are domesticated and there's a lot of Burmese workers well known for capturing dogs for consumption. 


I know there is no point in being angry towards Meowth and Milo and no I am not going to treat them any different. I am able to keep my emotions at bay at a shorter time frame now although it wasn't a perfect control from the start. It is okay, it is more than a 1% improvement and Mike's departure was a valuable learning experience. Go cross that rainbow bridge Mike and I will continue to earn brownie points so that I can meet you in heaven someday. May your soul be liberated my sweet natured Mike <3 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore

Continuation from yesterday’s post.  I finally ate the ice cream which is sandwiched between two wafers that I saw before and it was yummy because there’s like a huge block of ice cream and the wafer was thin. I chose peppermint chocolate and raspberry swirl. It was really fun to eat that on the helical bridge that totally looks like a DNA strand. I really love this region and it was also the same place where the fun run was held. So I got to go across the helical bridge twice. I am also very happy to finally seen the Merlion and since it was early in the morning during the fun run, the place was rather quiet and there were not many crowds. I wanted to properly run the fun run but I end up walking most of the time just enjoying the scene and talking to people since it was supposed to be a networking event. Delegates from 142 countries were there but I only manage to make friends from Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, Indonesia, Germany and New Zealand. It was quite hard to make more

往前看

 “如果没有方向,往哪里走都是前方” 现在的我好像在浓雾中寻找出路。 我觉得我并没有执着, 我只是觉得有时候好像还在梦境里。我依然想念着一些过去。好好的问自己到底想的是什么。 我可以问心无愧的说我想的并不是爱情,而是友谊。 我一直在折磨自己,觉得自己好像一直在犯错因为心里还是有他。 闺蜜都说我必须斩草除根把他忘得一干二净因为他只是个过客。 可是这并不是我对待一份感情的方式。由于自己的确在爱情世界里出轨了,所以觉得自己是个贱女人。 我觉得我需要把这个想法改掉,给自己个改过自新的机会, 不要再给自己贴上负面标签。仔细的想,我怀念的是一起用Discord玩游戏, 听听他分享他如何对待他的学生(他的分享是很有趣, 当他成功突破一些难搞的学生我会替他感到开心), 突然得到他的一个来电(我是一个喜欢聊天的人,自然会感到很开心有人愿意花时间和我聊天),我难过时他懂得安慰我, 陪我看戏(真的没想过一起上网看戏时间好玩的事)。这一切其实我的丈夫也能为我做, 除了玩游戏和看戏因为我丈夫完全不喜欢玩游戏,也没时间陪我看戏,天天都过着时间不够用的日子。自从他不在我生活里出现了,我觉得就少了一点我每天都能期待的事。这些期待也许是新鲜感,同时也是因为我们有太多相似的想法, 聊起来就好像找到知音。就算不能每天联络 (每天和异性联络对于一个有夫之妇也不对吧就算没有暧昧),只需要知道他还是我的朋友,我们还是能偶尔沟通,我会好受多了。  可是亲爱的,要成长就必须愿意尝一尝一些难受的滋味因为这是成长的代价。我是一个吃不了苦的人, 习惯在温室里成长,一直都依赖着我生命里可靠的家人,爱人,知音来呵护我。我不知不觉也连累了很多人来帮我克服自己心里的障碍。 知音忙了一整天值班然后到了咖啡馆想休息放松心情,却得花半个小时在电话里听我哭个痛快 (这是第一次默默的离开他的时候)。 弟弟也花了很长的时间开导我,因为弟弟比我结婚更久我觉得他能帮我解开心里的结。父母对我感到失望,但还接受我爱着我,没有放弃我。丈夫更不用说了,被伤的人是他可是还必须理智的面对一个被自己的感觉蒙蔽了思考能力的我。 他不是圣人,我觉得迟早他那颗纯洁善良的心也会被我伤透。我当然不要继续下去连累我身边重要的人,更不要他们瞧不起我,这么大的一个人了还不能自己解决一些芝麻绿豆的事。之前觉得他们对我的呵护然我有点窒息的感觉是因为我一直给他们的印象是一个无法

Divorce

“When two people decides to get a divorce, it isn’t a sign that they “don’t understand” one other, but a sign that they have, at least, begun to.” - Helen Rowland People always say marriage is a lot of hard work and it isn’t easy yet many of us still decide to get married. I never knew how heavy the responsibility is to have a ring placed on my ring finger and how much it changes me as a person. I was afraid of getting married because I was afraid of the possibility of having a divorce. I often thought that as long as I do not get married, there will never be a possibility for a divorce. The reason I am afraid of divorce stems from my personal believes that a woman’s capability is measured by how well she can manage her household. Perhaps it is very traditional and old fashioned but I do think that there’s a reason why Mother Nature is called “mother” instead of “father” because women play a better role in nurturing, giving and caring. Women rely more on their emotions and intuition an